Each of the following areas of work is described by a short statement of what we have in mind. These statements are expected to gain in elaboration and focus as more people will join in their collaborative development. The areas of work themselves should be seen as initial foci of attention for LDI. They will serve as growth points for the development of the larger conceptual framework for which LDI stands.
- Meaning of Learning (MOL) (Check this link out also to find out about LDI's contributions to two AECT meetings on In Search of the Meaning of Learning: A Social Process of Raising Questions and Creating Meanings.)
- The Scientific Mind (TSM)
- Problem-Oriented Learning (POL)
- Learning to Learn and Think (LLT)
- Attitudinal and Behavioral Change (ABC)
- Learning to Live in Harmony (LLH)
Note: At an earlier stage, when some of the focus areas were in the process of being established, LDI was collaborating with the Forum International des Sciences Humaines in Paris, France, on the organization of one or more international symposia on Rethinking School, for which LDI wrote the concept paper. Those specific symposia never materialized (others did, though), but the concept paper may still be worth reading, whence we have kept it here.